LOCOS IN MOTION is aA 7-DAY joint prep, strength, coordination and balance to go locos in locomotion.
Join me and my friend Adrian through our new channel @movementchallenges from MAY 1 to MAY 7 and build skills that will make your movement practice stronger.
Every day we will share a tutorial VIDEO on joint prep for every level (me beginner) Adrian (intermediate/advanced) for the move we will focus. And will fit of course your own practice.
Locomotion is our topic and we want you to be part of the Locos community. We want to be in contact with earth and ourselves and build our body for a better human share.
DAY 1 ARM BALANCE: QUEDA DI RINS
MOBILITY PREP How-to:
KNEELING FLEXION RAISES 10x
1) go in all four, engage core and focus in really flexing the fingers.
2) wrist/elbow/shoulder apart.
3) Keep the fingers flat on the floor while you mindfully bend your knuckles.
PLANK FLEXION RAISES (beginner) 10x
1) engage core and focus in really lifting the shore of the palm.
2) wrist/elbow/shoulder apart.
3) Alternating hands, keep the fingers flat on the floor while you mindfully bend your knuckles.
GOAL: Bend the knuckles a 90 degrees.
FIST PUSH-UPS 5×3
1) make a fist and stand in a push-ups position.
2) keeping the whole body engage do up to your max.
STRENGTH WORKOUT How to:
QDR PUSH-UPS (Beginner) 3x8x
1) from a squat go and place your hands on the floor. NOTE: The distance between hands/elbows might vary depending on your sport (martial arts, Capoeira, yoga, gymnastics, dance) use it wisely according to your body structure. But look for a bit wider than your shoulders width.
2) bend the knee you choose to rotate and rest your body weight on your arm.
3) push away (that’s the trick) and go back to squat position and repeat the other side.
4) breathe naturally and move mindfully. Do not rush, stress but smile.
QDR HOLD 3x8x
1) from squat to smoothly place your hands onda the floor a bit wider shoulders apart.
2) balance your weight between hands and feet.
3) extend your knees, find your balance.
4) when you are ready lift the leg that is on the floor.
DAY 2 BACKBENDS: LOW BRIDGE
HIP & THORACIC SPINE PREP
COSSACK SQUAT 3×8-10x
1) Begin with a wide stance. Keep the leg you are squatting over aligned from hip to knee and down to the foot. Keep the foot flat on the side.Point your other toe upward with the heel down, rotate at the hip so your knee is pointing straight up.
2) Sit down into your hips, keep your back flat and don’t let it round at the bottom. Push up to standing through the planted foot, distributing the weight evenly.
THORACIC SPINE 3×8-10x
1) in all four, fingers touch the floor. Pelvis in.
2) Make sure your ear chicks touch your deltoids
3) In this position you lift the ribs up.
4) mindfully feel the thoracic spine working, stabilizing the shoulders.
5) move the TS up & down.
6) repeat in a Wall.
ROTATIONAL LOW BRIDGE 3xAMAP
1) from squat position bring your arm back and behind you and place your hand on the floor.
2) bring your knees close to the floor.
3) place your second arm on the floor pushing away to end up in squat position.⠀ ⠀
DAY 3 ANIMAL LOCOMOTION: THE LIZARD WALK
RKC PLANK & the 3-POINTED PLANK⠀
RKC PLANK 60sec hold How-to:
1) from an elbow plank position activate your whole body.
2) proctact your shoulders, meaning depress your shoulder blades.
3) the difference is that you will rotate inwards your pelvis, creating a strong core activation.
3-POINTED PLANK 30sec hold each. How to:
1) from a full plank position engage whole body (core).
2) lift one hand and keep the balance in the 3-pointed limbs.
3) alternate each limb until you finish.
4) breathe and smile.
LIZARD/ COCODRILE WALKhow to:
1) from a push-up/full plank position, walk forward with one hand and the opposite leg.
2) bend the leg and knee should be pointing out.
3) from there do a push-up and move forward with the opposite hand and leg.
4) keep the core engage and breathe at all time.
DAY 4 INVERSIONS: TRIPOD HEADSTAND WALK
CORE ROUTINE PREPARATION:
CORE COMPRESSIONS 3×10
1) sit on your buttocks, place your hands beside your hips.
2) lift your leg and try to pull it into your hip socket.
3) do this and repeat 10x
LSIT HOLD 3x as many breathes as possible
1) sitting like in core compressions you place your hands next to your hips or a bit forward.
2) engage your core and keep your legs tight.
3) be ready to lift your buttocks and hold as much as you can while breathing.
Note: try to pull away as much as possible the hands from the floor while doing the LSit. You can see me a bit how I have trouble keeping the neck long.
DAY 5 ANIMAL LOCOMOTION: THE BEAR WALK
DAY 6 NECK STRENGTH: BACKWARD ROLLS
Martial artists would agree that neck strength is important. Well also non combat athletes need a strong neck because is part of the body! ⠀
Here are 2 great neck drills. Do this 8-10x before your practice that involves the neck to be strong (yoga, capoeira, combat sports, dance, etc.)
DAY 7 LOCOS IN MOTION FLOW
A big shoutout to my photographer who always stands by me and makes me look always awesome Markus Haas
All content is a collection of great drills from different teachings and teachers from gymnastics, capoeira, yoga, strength training, acrobatics, mobility and of course influence from #idoportal #kinoyoga #yuvalayalon #paveltsatsouline .